- Michigan State University, Ph.D. in Communication
- Seoul National University, M.A. in Communication
- Seoul National University, B.S. in Communication
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Special Topics in Communication(Science, Technology, and Communication)
- Human Communication and the Internet
- Visiting Professor, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, KAIST
Major external activities and awards
- National Communication Association, Top Paper Award (2012, 2014)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, KAIST (2020)
Representative Research Performance
- Jang, J.-W., Lee, E.-J., & Shin, S. Y. (2019). What debunking of misinformation does and doesn’t. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 22, 423-427.
- Jang, J.-W., & Walther, J. B. (2019). Self-categorization of users’ comments and ingroup influence: The moderating role of context-dependent ingroup identification. Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychological Research on Cyberspace.
- Jang, J.-W. (2021). Proximate or primary source? How multiple layers of news sources on social media predict news influence. Social Science Computer Review.